The Cherry Arts invites you to submit your visual artwork to
a satellite exhibition in collaboration with
the 2022 Cornell Biennial
sponsored by the Cornell Council for the Arts
Exhibition dates Sept 2–Oct 23, 2022
Application due Thursday, June 30, 2022 at midnight
The Cherry Arts’ “Local Futurities” is a multimedia satellite exhibition for local and regional artists, in collaboration with the 2022 Cornell Biennial “Futurities, Uncertain”.
Inviting celebratory imaginations and enactments of “Futurities, Uncertain” in line with this year’s Cornell Biennial theme. Cherry’s “Local Futurities” is an artistic call, and a response, to the question of how artistic imaginaries might stage the potential of multiple futurities.
Notes and eligibility:
• Artists based in the following four regions are eligible to apply: (esd.ny.gov/file/esd-regional-mapjpg) Western New York, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Central NY
• Artist must be willing and able to transport their work to Ithaca and back for the exhibition dates of Sept 2–October 23, 2022. We will offer logistical support with this to the extent possible
• Artists provide equipment for the exhibition of their sound, film, or other time-based media art
• Students are not eligible
• Exhibited artists will be compensated with stipends in excess of wageforwork.com recommendations for an organization of our size. These stipends vary according to number of artists exhibited in the show.
After submissions are received (June 30, 2022), selections will be made via a two-step review process conducted by Cherry Arts staff and Cornell Biennial staff and faculty.